Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Goofy Clown Behavior?

Posted By: Sully <tomsul25@aol.com>
Date: Wednesday, 25 June 2003, at 5:37 p.m.

As Basher knows i hang out at another board. But, no one there has ever responded to a question about clowns that keeps nagging at me.

When my clowns have had ich--3 times in past 8 months--they appear to"clean" each other. Just nibbling at the slime coat of one another at the spots of infestation. My clowns are the only fish that do this to one another. Is there any significance to this behavior, has anyone else ever noticed this--or do i just have 6 very goofy fish that have watched my other pets way too much?

Oh, the ich came home with three of them from the lfs. Then more came home with 3 additions to the tank. And, recently, there was a major stress in the tank that was a one time event related to a filtration problem. A very powerful diatom filter was hooked up to the tank and multiple "stirri