Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

I'm hyped.. again!

Posted By: Aqualoach <aqualoach@hotmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 28 June 2003, at 7:33 p.m.

I just found this great LFS in town that I somehow didn't know about. I've lived in this town for 5 years and I go to fish stores pretty much every week.. I can't believe I didn't know about this place. Anyways, thats not the point. I went into this store today and found a great variety of fish, all well kept and very healthy looking. To my disbelief they had several uncommon loach species available. There were no less than four separate species of Schisturas, a couple different Kuhli species, and a few assorted Botias. Furthermore, when I got to talking to the staff they said they just recently sold out of Polka dot loaches and Sids but they will probably be getting some more in soon! They also had a tag on a tank for Cobra loaches (which they were sold out of), but I can't even guess what type of loach this is (maybe Vaillantella maassi??????). They told me that they have a frequent customer that collects rare loaches, so they always order any odd loaches that they get on their list.. this is just too good to be true.

The best part is that I think they may have actually had a Botia berdmorei! It was labeled as a Tiger Loach, but it is obviously not. I'm not sure if it is Botia berdmorei or Botia beauforti, but I wasn't going to pass it by that's for sure. Picked him up for about $7.00. He looks very nice and plump with no traces of fin damage or other signs of stress.

I also couldn't resist buying some more Schisturas. I bought three of what I believe are Schistura waltoni. They're HUGE compared to the Schisturas I used to keep. The biggest is about 4 inches long and maybe 3/4" in diameter... very nice looking fish.

Needless to say, I'll be sure to put this store on the top of my list! Pictures to come soon. :-}

Ryan

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.