Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Odd Loach Behavior Prior to Death :(

Posted By: Circe <fidelisgreyhounds@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, 4 July 2003, at 2:03 a.m.

I recently purchased some new loaches which I believe to be Botia Angelicus from looking at the pictures posted on this site. The other day I noticed one of the two looked very white in color (stressed) so I was worried but later he had regained his black. Later I saw the other loach come into the hollow rock area where the earlier stressed guy was and then he seemed to be breathing very hard and almost trembling like he was afraid. Anyway the other loach didn't seem to be doing anything to him just swimming around him. The one who was acting odd then took off swimming very fast and wildly at straight lines right up to the edges of the tank. The next morning I found him dead. The other loach was absolutely fine as were all the other fish and w