Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

clown loaches hiding out

Posted By: jeremy y <shlong_dubay@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, 10 July 2003, at 12:49 a.m.

Hi there i have a quick question im hoping to get help on ! I have a 75G tank with 4 danios, 10 tetras,2 clown loaches,1 large DoJo,1 small peppered loach,2 Schistura loaches,1 modesta,and 4 corys. My clown loaches are my newest purchase ive had them for about 2 weeks and i basicaly have not seen them in 12 days.They hide out in a cave all day ,i did see them come out at night when i first bought them but i never see them now!they are still alive and seem to be healthy (no ick or skinny)I am planning to get 3 more clowns and 1 more modesta!What i really want to know is if this is normal for the clowns ,and if it is advisable to add more now rather then later!My tank is not agressive at all besides the Schistura picking on the corys sometimes!Any advise would be great!I am fairly ne