Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Kuhli Trapped and Hurt! *PIC*

Posted By: cybermeez <cybermeez@NOSPAMaol.com>
Date: Saturday, 12 July 2003, at 12:55 p.m.

When it came to holes I had faith that my Kuhils knew how small too small was. This morning Slick made a serious micalculation and I fear it may cost her her life. :-(

A little while after giving my fish a breakfast of frozen brine shrimp, I was reading LOL (computer is near the tank) when I looked up and saw Slick trapped between the powerhead and it's mounting bracket. She was wriggling furiously tring to get herself out but couldn't. I tried to get her to back out but she was weged in tight. So, I disconnected the power head and transferd the MaxiJet, loach and all, to a small bucket I had filled with tank water.

Slick was in quite a fix. I couldn't take the bracket off because it only can be removed by sliding it backwards and that would have cut her in half. The only option was to pop off the cap that serves as the top of the housing for the pump and hope it would giver her just enough room to dislodge herself. Well, it worked and she is free but she looks pretty seriously injured as you can see from these photos.

She is now resting in the Q-Tank which I filled with clean water and a dose of MelaFix. I don't know what else to do for her.

Heart broken,
Robin

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with