Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Loach stroke??

Posted By: Jim Powers <jimpowers@prodigy.net>
Date: Wednesday, 16 July 2003, at 8:47 p.m.

I have a large Botia pulchra that I have had for a couple of years or so. It was large when I got it, so I have no idea how old it is. Not too long ago its body got very "bumpy" looking with the bumps being white. It was definately not ich and didn't quite look like columnaris either. No other fish were infected. I treated the tank with Maracyn and Maracyn 2 as well as Melafix and the fish recovered. It did lose a bit of weight, but not much, and the white bumps were now flat but still white. Basically it looked scared, as if it had been fighting or rubbed itself against rocks. Its appetite resumed and all seemed well. Last week, it was laying up against the glass looking as if it was about to die and didn'