Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Loaches and other fish

Posted By: Krista <kristah@nbnet.nb.ca>
Date: Sunday, 27 July 2003, at 12:32 p.m.

I'm not very knowledgeable with loaches although i have two clown loaches in my community tank and have had in with them 2 catfish, 1 male betta, 1 chinese algae eater, 1 white cloud minnow, 1 male guppy and 2 platty. one of my loaches is very small and has never really looked the best and Lenny my pride and joy has grown to become a very large plump little fellow. I've never had a problem with any of the fish in there till now. Suddenly something is eating the fins off the guppy, platty and betta and i dont see any signs of disease or anything like that. it just looks like something is tearing the fins apart. I'm not sure what going on. the only fish that i normally wouldnt have had would've been the loaches and the algae eater who's three times the size he was. Would my beautiful clown loaches b