Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

advice on buying clowns!!!!!!

Posted By: jeremy y <shlong_dubay@yahoo.com>
Date: Monday, 28 July 2003, at 9:57 p.m.

i just wanted to relay some advice to anyone thinking of buying clowns!If you would like to see your clowns very active,eating,playing,"clowning around",then by al means try to get the smallest ones you can find!The small buggers are very active even after you put them in your tank 30 mins after i put mine in they were flying around checking out every nook and crany of my 80G tank,they started eating in about 2 hours and they have very active and entertaining ever since!I bought 3 clowns ranging from 1" to 1 1/2" .I realize that buy purchasing larger ones they may be more healthy and not as prone to getting sick or dying.I also have 2 large 4"loaches that i purchased at 3" and i never even seen them for the first 2 weeks i had them.After that i would only see them a 2:00am if i was still up and all the lights wer