Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

clown loach growth rates

Posted By: marya <lummy@uymail.com>
Date: Saturday, 9 August 2003, at 6:55 p.m.

Hello, I have a question for all of you who have more experiences with clown loaches than I. This past May I purchased 3 young clown loaches. They were a bit smaller than an inch each. In the course of about a month, one of them was clearly outstripping the other two in terms of size. He and one of the others were always challenging and "locking faces" with their eye-spines. The trio then had a brief bout of ich. The two larger loaches barely got it at all, maybe three or four visable cysts each. The smallest loach got it much worse. I isolated him, but he died shortly after. I have had no ich at all since he died.

I got another loach to replace him. Now my question is, this last little guy does not seem to be growing at all. I've had him for about two months, and he has not changed a bit. De