Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

OT- Injured fish

Posted By: Tim Voet <timvoet@yahoo.com>
Date: Sunday, 10 August 2003, at 10:11 p.m.

Hi everyone.

i am in desperate need of advice/suggestions. I came home tonight to find three fish in my tank with missing eyeballs ( i can only asume the attacking fish was my blue paradise( he has only been in the tank a little over a week ) and the rest of the fish have been together for quite some time ( some as long as two years ). These fish aren't my clowns but my dither fish. The injured fish are 2 scissortail rasboras and 1 black neon tetra.

I have added aquarium salt to the tank, and some fishtamins. No infection ( as the injuries happened today while we were out ) what should i do more to help these fish. the 2 scissortails have been with us for almost 2 years, almost as long as we have had a tank.

thank you for any advice or suggestions. I can if necessary move them to a quarantine tank, but tho