Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

too many fish???????????

Posted By: s.dubay
Date: Tuesday, 12 August 2003, at 8:53 p.m.

i would like some opinions from some people if i could.I have an 80 gallon tank 6'long by 22"high and 14" deep!I have 5 clown loaches,2 dojo loaches,4 small corys,1 pleco,2 chiclid centrarchus,5 tiger barbs,6 ass. tetras,4 long finned zebra danios,and 3 mystery snails!A total of 32 fish!my tank is cycled and about 2 months old my ammonia is 0 my nitrite is 0 and nitrate 5-10.I have good filtration!I also change 25% water every 2 weeks and vacume gravel!my question is, have i overstocked my tank ?Is there too many fish for an 80 gallon tank!My biological filtration seems to be keeping up fine!any comments would be great as i am fairly new to fish keeping!Also all my fish get along fine none seem to be very agresive besides 1 big danio who chases everybody around!thanks!

Messages In This Thread