Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

We Survived the Blackout

Posted By: cybermeez <cybermeez@NOSPAMaol.com>
Date: Friday, 15 August 2003, at 1:42 p.m.

The Westside of Manhattan here in NYC finally got power back at about 5:30 this morning. We still don't have any phone service though, land lines or cellular. Thank you Verison......grrrr.

After being without electricity for over 13 hours everyone in my 75g tank survived thanks to one little $7 battery operated Hagen air pump. I bought it after 9/11, even though we didn't lose power then. It was the best $7 I ever spent! I never imagined that NYC would ever have another blackout after 1977.

We lost water pressure so I wasn't able to do any water changes. What's coming out of the tap now is a lovely shade of taupe, so I'm going to wait a little while before doing any tank maintainance.

The only behavior I noticed in any of my fish was that the Kuhlis were very restless an