Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Just got out of 30 hours without power!

Posted By: Martin Thoene <gkadar@sympatico.ca>
Date: Friday, 15 August 2003, at 11:51 p.m.

Lost it just after 4pm Thursday, back on at just after 10 tonight.

Not much sleep last night. We kept checking our 14 Clowns all night. Today has been a case of scooping 2 jugs of water out of the 120, then pouring them from a foot or more above the tank, back in again to aerate the water. After a while, we started doinmg 10% water changes every 2 hours, refilling with cold dechlorinated water as the temps were climbing.

I opened up and cleaned 7 very stinky by then cannister filters (Fluval, Renas and an Ehein) then left them open so they wouldn't stagnate due to no air. So I just spent the last hour hooking them all up again......Joy! :)

Did some water change and the jug thing on the River-Tank, but that's lighter loaded anyway.

Momfish's cousin Alex next door to us has lost maybe 50 fish, mainly Kribs and Golden Firemouths
that he's bred. He brought over a 6 inch Uaru and we put it in our 6 foot tank as it was in distress. Seems OK now.

Our casualties? 1 Siamese Algae Eater this afternoon + a Pencilfish that decided to jump out of the tank after we went to bed, but just before the power came back on....go figure, eh?

Now we're hoping the power stays on OK. I'm off to bed as last night and today are starting to really catch up to me. Our condolences go to anyone else who has had to live through this with their fish. Sorry if you were less lucky than us.

Martin.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Ind