Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Re: I used an "Inverter"

Posted By: HorsefaceHank <mrbidstuff@hotmail.com>
Date: Sunday, 17 August 2003, at 11:07 a.m.

During the power failure, (Cleveland, OH, Hey I think we even caused it! Another claim to fame for the "Mistake on the Lake".) I removed the 12V battery from the car and borrowed a 400 watt power inverter from the neighbor to run my Whisper 800 (8 watt draw) which aerates the 2 tanks. UGF on the main tank and 2 "Foamies" on the Q tank. I ran the Tetra Power filter for about 5 mins every couple hours. Probly could have run it continuously also, but I wasn't sure how long the power would be out. These inverters are cheap, around $20 at K-mart or Best-Buy, etc. I think it's the way to go if anyone's thinking of getting back-up power. A "Marine" Batt.(built for max discharge/recharge) and an Inverter would be around