Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Dancing YoYo's

Posted By: DREW
Date: Monday, 18 August 2003, at 3:38 a.m.

I've had 4 yoyos for about 2 years now and the largest is about 4" or so I'd say. What I've observed over the years so far is what most see, aggression, they're territorial, and not really a pack or school fish. I've seen all this and more. I've not just observed these fish for the past couple years but I've also read and learned a lot about what others have seen, mind you I've done a lot of this. That way when I see something odd I'll know its not random, or atleast I'll know whether its something i should worry about or not.

Thing is, I've seen my YoYo's do something I've never heard of from anyone else I've ever talked to, or read about. They dance.

Now I know your thinking, ah his Yoyo's are just fighting over territory or trying to establish a alpha YOYO. I think your wrong, and heres why. I've seen them fight over caves, and parts of the tank. The tank which is a 130gal with ample hidey holes and spa