Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Help in ID'ing unknown loach?

Posted By: John Bennett <bennettjohn6@aol.com>
Date: Tuesday, 26 August 2003, at 7:37 p.m.

Hi, I'm new to the hobby and happened by an interesting fish that I bought the other day. The guy at the store didn't know exactly what it was (there was no sign so he was clueless), but he said it was some kind of loach. I don't have a picture, but I was hoping if I described him/her/it someone might be able to give me a lead. I'd like to know for sure about feeding and such.
Anyway he's about 5-6 inches long, general body type like a weather loach with a few neat differences. He has a beak like narrow nose (for lack of a better term), with his mouth underneath. He has a few "false eye" markings (I'm not sure of the correct term) on his hind quarters. And he loves to burrow down into the gravel. His body is slender, almost eel like and he's brown with a tan stripe through the middle (horizontally).
I'd appreciate any help anyone could offer.
Thanks,
John

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5) is main