Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Clown Loach ?

Posted By: Anna D. <blacksheep@mmind.net>
Date: Thursday, 28 August 2003, at 10:15 a.m.

Hi All! I've never posted here before (no loaches), but visit often. Now I plan to get 3 clown loaches and want to do it right!!! I plan to put them in a 20 gal. long. I know, too small, but plan a 55 gal. in the near future for them. The tank I plan to put them in has been up and running for over a year. Ph-7, ammomia-0, nitrite-0,nitrate-5. Has substrate of silica sand. a Whisper 20 filter and a Fluval 104, temp. 78. A few live plants and some "fakes" Plentey of "hidey" holes. Has 7 neons, 4 white clouds, 4 plays, and 2 albino corys.
Now for the questions. I feel like they will have "skinny disease" when I get them, from observing the ones the shop has now. So---should I put them in a 10 gal. and treat for it when I first get them?????If so, I have Maracyn and Maracyn-Two. Is that the right stuff? If so-should they both be used at the recommended strength and together? I also have Rid-Ich +, just in case.
I would appreciate any help you can give me. I felt like this forum was the place to go for my questions.
Thanks, Anna

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.