Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

update on cloudyness

Posted By: s dubay
Date: Friday, 29 August 2003, at 12:33 a.m.

Well i purchased 2 fluval canister filters in the last 2 days my tank is 6 feet long so i have a fluval 204 on 1 end a fluval 304 on the other end and a cascade 300 in the middle with a short pole to do the top of the aquarium.Altogether now i should have 740 g/p/h but thats exagerated im sure my tank looks a little clearer but still lots of tiny particals floating around!I think it must be algae or im cleaning my filters to good and getting bacterial blooms!im gonna lay of the scrubbing of the filters so hard to see if that makes a difference!Also cut back on the food a little bit ,only 5 pellets twice daily instead of 7 like usuall!thanks for all the advice i'll see how it turns out !By the way my LFS is a damn rip off the fluval 304 was $219.00 and the 204 was $169.00 i should have ordered on line but i dont like waiting for things!

<