Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

weird behavior in dwarf loaches

Posted By: Olaf <info@faeskorn.com>
Date: Saturday, 30 August 2003, at 5:20 p.m.

Hello everybody. I have two little dwarf loaches in my community tank. I suppose they are Botia Sidthimunki
, but I am not 100% sure. The last few days they are starting to act really different and I am not sure if what I am seeing is mating behavior or signs of disease. I saw both, rubbing against things, as well as against each other. Further, they started to heavily dig into the gravel, sometimes together, sometimes apart from each other. One of them also started to dig itself into the gravel, staying for long periods of time. They never did that before.
When they are swimming around, they sometimes "jump" sideways, again, rubbing themselves against the gravel or plants, etc.
The skin looks normal - no signs of parasites, white spots, injuries, etc.
It lo