Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Loach histrionics

Posted By: Mark in Vancouver <markmark@telus.net>
Date: Monday, 8 September 2003, at 8:15 p.m.

After Joe's tragedy, no concern sounds urgent, but I'm hoping to get some advice on my situation. I bought a new plant for the loach tank recently, and shortly afterward my larger B.histrionica began swimming in big, fast circles up the front of the tank... Faster than the usual loachy dance. A couple of clowns will join in, but they usually give up after a while. Anyway, he's been doing it for two days now, which is distressing.
Duh, I thought, no doubt I had brought ich into the tank - but no signs are visible on any of the fish. The histrionica is not scratching, just swimming like a madman. I gave the tank a half dose of ich med to be on the safe side, and did a water change, broug