Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Tough ICH

Posted By: Shane <sstewart@networld.com>
Date: Tuesday, 9 September 2003, at 8:44 a.m.

I have read several posts from others having a problem with ICH also.

My large tank became infected about 4 weeks ago now. I have lost 4 of my 7 clown loaches to it so far and the others donít look so great. I first tried quick cure for 1.5 weeks and had no success so I tried maracide for the 6 days and still absolutely no change. In fact during the maracide treatment some clown without visible white spot started to show a little on the tails. I then tried copper safe for 1.5 weeks thinking that since its primary ingredients are NOT malchite green it would be more effective. I now have tried salt in the tank and raised the temperature to 83. I donít want to raise it higher than 83 because I am not sure the other fish will be able to take the higher temps and the remaining clowns are having problems breathing already. I have also put salt at 3 Tbs. /10 gallons in the tank slowly (3 days to reach full amount). I am still not seeing any visible improvement in the tank.

I share this so that perhaps I and others may be able to find a med more effective against this ICH. I have resigned to the fact that I will loose all of my clown loaches. I am very upset by this but I canít find any other meds with different ingredients to treat with.

Messages In This Thread