Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Diagnosis: Unknown

Posted By: Tiger and Jaws <tigerandjaws@yahoo.com>
Date: Saturday, 13 September 2003, at 9:03 a.m.

I was saddened by the loss of one of my two clowns this morning. The previous days were not much different in the clowns schedule.... She ate, she danced around, she played with Link (the other clown) And other than the fact she was sleeping a little more than usual and her gills were occasionaly moving really fast she was fine. Then last night I saw her zip up and then do a 180 and she was swimming on her back for about 4 seconds, then she sank to the bottom. However she was still alive so we up-righted her and set her in her favorite plant. This morning I found her dead. At first she was normal color, so I checked over, (she was stiff, a telltale sign in clowns). A set her in another tank for temporay reasons, and left, on