Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

yoyo loaches: romance or violence?

Posted By: fpsiv
Date: Saturday, 13 September 2003, at 10:43 p.m.

I'm starting to get concerned about my two yoyo loaches. On occasion they will really get after one another. It's hard to provide an accurate description, but generally they wind around each other and rapidly spin in circles... it looks like they are nipping at each other, but they don't seem to be damaged when they finally settle down and go their separate ways. When they're engaged like this they seem completely unconcerned about what they're running into... what particularly concerns me is that they bang around into rocks and such. Another characteristic of this activity is that their colors almost completely fade out... their marking are barely visible.

So the question... is this a budding romance, or a violent dispute? On one hand, I believe these two to be a