Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Inexpensive "Moon" Lites

Posted By: Mr. Leadfoot <leadfoot@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Monday, 22 September 2003, at 7:52 p.m.

Someone posted a while back about some new LED lights that CustomSeaLife now has. I checked and they go for about $30 apiece! Well, I found some LED lights at AutoZone for $6.99 a pair. I'm powering mine with a simple 12volt AC/DC power adapter (leftovers I kept from broken answering machines and cordless phones), and these lights do the same thing as the Moon-Lites do, except they're nearly 5 times cheaper.

The nice thing about the LEDs I bought is that they're designed to be mounted on a car's exterior, making them weather resistant, as well. They come in white, red, and I think blue and green. I'm using white ones. You can also get AC/DC power adapters online for about $5 -8, and all you need is one adapter.

Just thought some of you might want to know.

Messages In This Thread