Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Very Sick Clown Loach, Please Help! *PIC*

Posted By: Tammy Walz <twalz@mindspring.com>
Date: Saturday, 27 September 2003, at 11:56 p.m.

I have a very sick clown loach. I've had him for about 2 years. He's about 5 inches long. He's been very healthy until recently.

A few days ago I noticed a problem with his snout and now it's basically completely gone. Like rotted off. He's also been just hanging vertically in my tank. Not really swimming but just hanging there. And now he is swimming at the top of the tank with his nose and mouth sticking out of the water. On occasion he swims sparatically through the tank, trashing, splashing the water, running into things.

I took some photos of him to the pet store tonight and they told me to put some salt in the water, some anti-bacterial treatment and some Melafix.

In addition to his snout being messed up he has scratches on his body and a little white slim.

Does anyone know how I can save my fish?

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg