Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

More Unusual Loaches

Posted By: Allivymar
Date: Sunday, 5 October 2003, at 5:21 p.m.

Ok. This must be my week for coming across loaches I don't normally see in the area.

In another lfs today, I came across what I'm sure was a school of Botia Lucas bahi and what I'm pretty sure was a few Botia sp. - Myanmar. Decent sized fish; 2-3 inches long, although I'm pretty sure they have parasites (mebbe ich; no spots but the poor babies were itching). They guy was asking $20 each which seemed like an awful lot. He was also asking $20 for 2-3 inch yoyos. Thats an awful lot for yoyos, but is it a lot for the other 2? Are they as unusual as I think they are?

I'm debating whether to start a loach tank, and move my newer guys into it; the ones I saw today would make a nice addition but...at $20 a pop...eek! I wanna make sure its worth it.

TIA!

Messages In This Thread