Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

how can it be???

Posted By: Barbara <bjmaitri@megalink.net>
Date: Wednesday, 8 October 2003, at 8:30 a.m.

that my striata, who has excess slime now covering nearly all of his body but who still eats well, tests microscopically, to be completely free from parasites and no visible bacteria...of course the water has been changed once or twice daily and he has, thankfully, survived all the various consecutive regimes of kanacyn, metronidazole and quick cure (brief on the latter). is it possible that columnaris could be there and not show microscopically at all?

columnaris is what this looks like but i would have thought the kanacyn would take care of that if it WERE that. i'm just looking for ideas, guesses from those of you with more experience with loaches. brain storming y'know.

the slime from his body was observed under 1000x microscope magnification and it was totally clear of anything. at all.

Messages In This Thread