Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Special considerations for loaches during move?

Posted By: fpsiv
Date: Friday, 10 October 2003, at 2:34 p.m.

In a week or so I'm going to be making a short in-town move. I've been reading up on strategies for successfully moving a large (75 gallon) aquarium, and I think I've covered all the bases, but I wanted to check in and see if there are any special considerations for loaches (two yoyos and three young clowns).
The basic plan is to transfer all the fish into a 22 gallon plastic tub filled with tank water, move the tub to the new place, and hook up the filter system (Filstar canister) to run on the 'auqatub' while all the other equipment is taken down, transferred, and reassembled.
I'm considering using Stress Coat in the aquatub as a precaution, but I've never used Stress Coat on any of my fish, and I don't know how the loaches would respon