Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

SPLASHING CLOWNS

Posted By: Greg
Date: Thursday, 23 October 2003, at 6:25 p.m.

I haven't had time to post lately, but I thought some might find this amusing.

The clowns have gotten BIG! I bought them about 2 years ago at about 3", and two of them have passed the 7" mark. They are incredibly fat and stout.

Since the weather has cooled, the tank stays at a nice even 80 degrees, which I have found, over the years, to be great for many species. The appetite of the fish has increased with the cooling of the water.

I feed once a day, in the morning. The three pigs are always dancing in the front, begging for food. I feed Hikari loach-tabs, shrimp pellets and carnivore-tabs on a rotating basis. All three float for a minute before sinking.

Lately, the clowns have not been content to wait for the food to sink, they want it NOW. More than once the largest clowns have come to the surface and grabbed the food. When they do this, they turn around, and strongly push back towards the b