Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Lack of coloration on black stripes and fins

Posted By: cherie <mtn826@yahoo.com>
Date: Sunday, 26 October 2003, at 9:30 p.m.

Boy, I hope someone can help me with my two clown loaches. The were put in an established 30 gallon aquarium with female bettas and assorted Gouramis. There seemed to be peace in the tank as there were no fights. After two weeks, the large clown started losing the black color on his body stripes. It spread to the top fin. Now it looks almost translucent and white underneath. He was eating, and not having any issues with other fish. He had one buddy who died, but I got a replacement and they were fine.

The only thing I can possibly attribute his problem with was that I had put alabaster in the tank as a decoration. I had asked several longtimers in the hobby and was assured that it was OK. When I took the rock out, there was a lot of