Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

modesta STILL in Q tank!

Posted By: lori n boris <lollygoa@aol.com>
Date: Monday, 27 October 2003, at 11:26 a.m.

hello everybody again,

Thanks for your help!
we still haven't moved the modestas out of Q cuz one is still not looking too good.
His brother is fiesty, and fat, already bigger than when he arrived, but the other ..
Very dark in colour, thin, eats, but doesn't put on weight (uh-oh). He had a lighter 'peeling' patch on his back under the dorsal fin, but after some kanamycin, the light area is gone, couldn't save the dorsal fin. (I've been putting in melafix - hoping it'll grow back)
He rests on his ledge/leaf and scurries around for food or to avoid his healthy bully brother.

My question : should the 'healthy' geezer stay in the tank along with his sick mate until they are both well? Or is there no hope and should I euthanize? How can I tell if the other lad is really