Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

What is the best battery poweredback-up airpump??

Posted By: B.paranoida
Date: Tuesday, 28 October 2003, at 6:42 p.m.

What is the best battery powered back-up air pump??

Since some of you guys in the east coast have experienced massive blackout, I would like to hear some of the solutions for maintaining life in your tank during a black out. There seems to be no other way than changing water when the blackout is longer than 6 hours. Good bacteria begin to die and water temp can climb up after 6 hours. But for blackout shorter than 6 hours, I have runned those small Rena battery powered airpumps with great success. We are experiencing massive fires all over Southern California and I am afraid that the juice will be interupted.

I had a UPS connected to my Eheim but it failed. I need a more realiable solution. As long as air is pumped, mytank can handle the minor black out.
Has anyone used the Azoo battery powered airpump that can last 14 hours?
Love to hear your suggestions. Thanks

Messages In This Thread