Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

UNKNOWN LOACH

Posted By: CHERYL <CSTARR2RS@AOL.COM>
Date: Thursday, 6 November 2003, at 11:21 a.m.

Hi..I am needing some help on identifying a loach I bought months ago. It was advertized as a 'silver' loach, but does not look like the pics here. It is very long, 2-3 inches, and very skinny. About a 1/4 as fat as a Kuhli loach. It is pale gray/silver with an almost pale blue tint. It hides in the gravel and I dont see it for weeks at a time. Just when I think its problably dead, it peeps out from under a rock. Seems to show up most when sharing the same space with a DoJo that is about 4 inches long. Never out long enough or far enough to get a picture. I have a 29 gallon tank with 2 big dojos, 1 black loach (2 more of group having died), 1 skunk botia..and danios, anglefish, etc. All community fish. Would love some information if anyone can help me. Thank you.