Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

BGA solution

Posted By: mark in vancouver <markmark@telus.net>
Date: Sunday, 9 November 2003, at 7:28 p.m.

Hi all... I thought I'd just let you know what happened with my cyanobacteria problem - for the record.
I treated the tank (only two doses) with E.M. tablets (erythromycin) from Aquarium Pharmaceuticals. Then I had to leave town for a week. Getting back, I am happy to declare that it's gone - like, utterly gone!
Now I know that it exists in water, and I may see a return of the stuff, but my parameters are all good, and the bio-filter seems to have endured the stress of antibiotics.
I had been trying to keep up with the BGA, which was growing in sheets along the gravel, and simply coating the plants in there - but it's all gone entirely, even the bits that were covering up my heater.
So let it be said that in at least one instance, e