Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Treatment Results for Paragon ll

Posted By: Dancesalone <dancesalone@hotmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 12 November 2003, at 11:06 a.m.

Just thought I would let anyone who is interested know how treating the planted tank with snails for Ich/Parasites turned out.

I would use Paragon again without any reservations. It is 3 doses every other day for 5 days. Partial water change before the first dose, and when complete. No increase in temp required, darkening of the tank or prolonged period of treatment.

The plants show no ill effects, the snails that I left in are great, the fish never showed any stress or stopped eating, in fact my Panda Cories spawned again during treatment. Otto's did well too. You can repeat the entire treatment in 3 days if necessary, I have not had to do that, there are no signs of Ich or secondary infections and it is about 2 weeks since treatment.

I l