|Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
The Loach Forum Archives (5)
Posted By: DGrier <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Friday, 14 November 2003, at 11:10 p.m.
I recently purchased five dojo loaches from my LFS and have lost two already. One was very sickly when I bought him (hoped I could save him since they didn't seem to be interested in doing so)and two of the others had what looked like a "puncture wound" on their faces. I have since lost one of those two and the other's face appears to be being eaten away by something. He is not as active as the others but still eats and swims around the tank. I was told by the LFS salesperson that it could be a parasite so I treated with Parasite Guard to no avail. The only thing I can compare it to is the "flesh eating bacteria" that was in the news several years ago. I have placed him in the hospital tank and started him on Kanacyn, hoping this will clear it up. I am at a loss....I love these guys...hence the reason for purchasing all the LFS had, but I can't handle losing any more of