Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

sick dojo

Posted By: DGrier <deannagrier@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, 14 November 2003, at 11:10 p.m.

I recently purchased five dojo loaches from my LFS and have lost two already. One was very sickly when I bought him (hoped I could save him since they didn't seem to be interested in doing so)and two of the others had what looked like a "puncture wound" on their faces. I have since lost one of those two and the other's face appears to be being eaten away by something. He is not as active as the others but still eats and swims around the tank. I was told by the LFS salesperson that it could be a parasite so I treated with Parasite Guard to no avail. The only thing I can compare it to is the "flesh eating bacteria" that was in the news several years ago. I have placed him in the hospital tank and started him on Kanacyn, hoping this will clear it up. I am at a loss....I love these guys...hence the reason for purchasing all the LFS had, but I can't handle losing any more of