Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Horrible illness

Posted By: Manjak01 <manjak01@o2.pl>
Date: Saturday, 22 November 2003, at 4:57 a.m.

I have this horrible illness in my tank. At first I thought it was normal ick, but after a week of treatment it didn't want to go away!! And then I realized it is sth different. My livebearers had thie fins dropped, my clown loaches were like sad, had their fins wrinckled too. heads down and so on... after a while their skin began to lose colo(u)r. I put in sera's baktopur two times for about 7 days. During the treatment 6 clown loaches died. Their skin was ugly, like damaged. Now all my other loaches are sick!! Already two yoyo's died and one dario. No I don't have anything added to the tank, because I don't have any idea what to add!! If baktopur didn't help at all, than what will?? The loaches before death have their heads upwards and breathe very fastly, as if they couldn't catch air. They have very small ick, but