Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Spawning the Botias

Posted By: Tom Waltzek <tbwaltzek@ucdavis.edu>
Date: Friday, 5 December 2003, at 1:34 a.m.

Thanks for the warm welcome back to loaches online! JD, I never made the grand trip to Asia to visit our favorite loaches (The Botias of Course = Big Frown). However, Martin, I have continued to get sound recordings from clowns, sids., hist., rostrata, as well as numerous cichlids and cyprinids. I should have sent some of these recordings in a long time ago. Maybe I'll get a chance after finals. JD, I finished my masters in Ichthyology (studting the feeding biology of cichlid fishes). I'm currently enrolled in a PhD program studying fish viruses. Anybody keep Koi? I'm studying koi herpesvirus (this virus is killing carp and koi around the globe).

Enough about little ole me. Lets get to the good stuff. During my masters I took several courses on fish physiology and reproduction. In these cours