Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Sids graying out...

Posted By: Jim Powers <jimpowers@prodigy.net>
Date: Friday, 5 December 2003, at 9:05 p.m.

I just saw some odd behavior on two of my sids tonight. I was sitting at the computer which is about 12 ft from on of my tanks that has sids (I have two batches) when I thought I saw one of my rostratas in that tank, trying to dig in a cave. Then I noticed it looked like it was dueling with another fish. When I got close enough to see what was going on, I noticed that it was, in fact, two sids fighting. They were all washed out looking and thus looked like rostratas(which are only slightly larger) from distance. I have seen other loaches do this, but never sids. Finally, they settled the dispute with one ruling the cave. He then got bored, came out and darkened up, and started doing the loach