Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

B. striata much happier in big tank

Posted By: Victor <pistor@austin.rr.com>
Date: Friday, 12 December 2003, at 2:05 p.m.

The two B. striata I moved from the 20g to the 110g seem to be liking their new digs quite a bit. In the small tank they were never out and about, always hiding under the plants, etc. For a while I thought they had all died, but I never found any bodies. There's still one loach unaccounted for, I hope it's still hiding in the 20g.
Anyhow, in the new tank they are out and about all the time, they seem to like hanging out with the angelicus, even though those guys are 3 or 4 times larger... :)
I wonder why they were so shy in the small tank? It's a 20g long with an Eclipse hood, heavily planted with fluorite substrate, no CO2. Perhaps the noise and turbulence from the hood bothered them?

<