Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

New Dither Fish *PIC*

Posted By: Martin Thoene <gkadar@sympatico.ca>
Date: Saturday, 20 December 2003, at 11:52 a.m.

Been thinking of getting some Dithers for our River-Tank for a while now. Just couldn't decide exactly what to have. I wanted something a bit out of the ordinary. Yesterday, I found these Barbus arulius at my local Big-Als. Everyone in the shop was raving about how gorgeous they are. I've seen pics of them before, but they've never been that inspiring.

I bought 6 and was allowed to catch my own because the guy couldn't sex them, but I could. These guys are FUN to catch when you're after a specific fish!

They're residing in the Q-River-Tank and very lively. They are getting their colour back, but this pic of a male (taken this morning) doesn't look as good as they did in the