Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

slightly ot

Posted By: erik <kuhli@shaw.ca>
Date: Monday, 29 December 2003, at 3:50 p.m.

Hey yall:)
I just did some renos to the hood on my 70 gallon rainbow loach tank.I lowered it a half inch so you can't seen the water line anymore added a 34cfm computer fan and also added one of those plastic computer desk hole cord covers.Since the back of my hood is totally closed I need some way to feed cords through and then close it off. Anyhow since I have up to 160 watts of tubes in there it was getting very warm inside. Since I put the fan in it has stayed about 78 or so in there yeehaw! Should help in the summertime quite a bit.
So if you are thinking of adding a fan to yours DO IT you won't reget it.It cost me 16.00 for a 12v transformer and 12v 34cfm fan (canadian dollars) Btw I have mine setup to pull air out so as not to cause too any wierd water currents.
erik