Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

OT: Pleco Question

Posted By: LeadFoot <leadfoot@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wednesday, 31 December 2003, at 5:09 p.m.

Someone is rasping my gorgeous 2 ft. tall amazon swords. Although I have 6 plecos in the tank, I think it's gotta be either my gold nugget or my new snowball. Unfortunately, I added them within a week's time. Anybody got any ideas as to which is the most likely suspect?

I also have 3 bristlenoses, and a cactus leopard in there. I have b-noses in other tanks and the leopard was previously in other tanks with swords with no problems, so I suspect one of the two newbies. Based on the info on PlanetCatfish, the gold nugget is not a plant eater, but we all know what "supposedly" means in real life, so if any of you have firsthand experience or knowledge, I'd appreciate some feedback.

Thanks.