Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Weather Loaches

Posted By: tracy41 <tracy41@tlbennett.com>
Date: Saturday, 3 January 2004, at 10:20 p.m.

I purchased 4 weather loaches this past week and noticed a difference in coloration. When they were in the tank at the LFS as well as after I placed them in my tank 2 are a lighter brown than the other 2. I've also noticed that they have paired up via dark loach with a light loach on one side of the tank and then on the other end of the tank the same thing (mostly only paired off when their sleeping or just chillin' on my live sword plant leaves). Anyway, is there a possibility that I have 2 males and 2 females? The lighter ones are definitely not golden dojo's (although that would have been nice ;-), but their not). The lighter ones also have fewer brown speckles on their bodies and especially on their bell