Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Horsehead and snails

Posted By: Nicoloach <nag@fuse.net>
Date: Thursday, 8 January 2004, at 1:05 p.m.

Hi all,

I've read what I can find in the archives on horseheads and feel I am offering my new little addition a good home in the 30 gallon with fine, smooth gravel, two penguin biowheels and a very light stock of 4 buenos aires tetras and 2 skunk corys.

I have two questions, however. First regarding temperature: I keep my 72 gallon clown/yoyo/shistura tank at 82 degrees but I read conflicting opinions in the archives about temp preferences for the horseheads. I'd rather not bump it much up from the current 76 degrees in the horsey's tank. But will he suffer from the low temp?

Second, there are quite a few snails in the tank and I was wondering if anyone had any info on whether my new horsey friend might be interested in eating them? I couldn'