Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

OT my lucky day...

Posted By: Wile-E <icd55@wolf-web.com>
Date: Wednesday, 21 January 2004, at 6:24 a.m.

Picked up a new fish yesterday, not a loach though (hence the OT in the subject)... we'd been out for a long drive and the weather was bad so it was a bit spoilt.. called in at a garden centre on the way home, not one we bother with usually, but they had a few loaches - nothing we didn't already have though. BUT in one tank i spotted a little clown pleco (Pekoltia Vitata i think), I asked the assistant how much "the plec's" were and she replied 1.99... I was standing in front of the tank and pointing to the fish at this point.. I realised she knew naff all about the fish and clearly the boss was away elsewhere... "ohh, can i have that cute stripey one then?" i asked... "yeah, no problem she replied." I wa