Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Killer Clowns

Posted By: Stokes <the_allstar1@hotmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 22 January 2004, at 11:31 a.m.

I bought four clown loaches about a month ago and i have recently had a problem. They all of a sudden started to attack my angel fish who had reached a size much larger then they were. The angel was not a new introduction because i havehad him for about 4 months now. The Clowns not only chased the angel but they started to take chunks out of his fins. Thes chunks eventually gotthe better of my angel and the poor thing died. Now the killer clowns are after othe fish like my guppies. My questionis, is this behavior normal? I have tones of vegitation and other hiding spots in my tank so i dont think they feel threatened. Has anyone else had a similar thing happen to them? This whole fiasco has kinda upset me because my angel was my first fish. Any info would be greatfily appreciated.

Thanx, Stokes