Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

AUGH, help needed

Posted By: Barbara <bjmaitri@megalink.net>
Date: Friday, 23 January 2004, at 12:11 p.m.

so i'm at the end of the treatment of quick cure for the clowns and now the striatas who were never affected at all are all hiding, the ones i can see are having the caudal fins only erode and two are hanging vertically behind the heater suction cups that don't cling to the tank wall. : (

does this sound like flexibacter at all? no spots just lowered activity and this fin erosion and not active as usual or eating like normal...i think some are eating but not all.

i am just starting to run carbon to remove any remaining quick cure from the tank...last dose in the middle of the night and about half strength. i do have the UV unit that i can set up if this will help with bacteria removal? my mind is stressed at this point and i know not what to do other than to get back to the tank that i'm in the middle of changing and get ready for three folks who are due here in an hour or so. yikes!!! so, back to this problem...i do have the maracyns and can use them if that is needed...am starting to lower the tank temp which was up to 83 or 84...but just by a degree or so. i know flexibacter, if it is this, does less well below 78F but don't really want to get the temps down there again as this is when the ich appeared. sheesh....anyone, anything, help help help.

one last thought...could this erosion just be a response to the meds?

thanks.
barbåra

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.