Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

Book people needed

Posted By: Mark in Vancouver <markmark@telus.net>
Date: Monday, 26 January 2004, at 8:00 p.m.

Hi folks.
More on the book plan...

We're going to work in sections, as I've mentioned. Martin Thoene has graciously accepted the task of organizing the Hillstream section. Mike Ophir, similarly, is going to be in charge of Botias. I am going to try to stay out of the writing, and keep focused on general organizing of the project and later pitching the book to likely publishers.
We need more volunteers to make it happen though.

I need an editor to organize our Kuhli section, someone to oversee the Schistura section, and someone to oversee a final section that will include "other, exceptional loaches" such as Dojos, Zippers, Horse-faces, and a few others.

Now, you won't have to do all the work in any of these sections. I'm just trying to get people to help figure out what writing we need, and then for them to petition the rest of you for your experiences, photos, etc...

I'd very much like to add a couple of women to our team - balance is a good quality!

We will also need someone to oversee the collection of very general articles on feeding, aquarium types, diseases/treatments, and so on.

Work is going ahead on this project, so dive in and help us out, won't you?

Feel free to email me at home if you have any questions about what the jobs would entail, or just post a response, and I'll email you a general outline of each project.

Thanks kids!
mark.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return&nbs