Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (5)

My water will NOT clear up!

Posted By: Mike R. <XfeeliumX@hotmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 27 January 2004, at 1:37 a.m.

As i'm sure you all know, i've been treating my clowns for ick. they're now in a 20L planted tank, but still being treated with meds. so there's no carbon in my filter. is that why my water just remains cloudy? i do water changes, gravel vaccuums.. it just won't get nice and clear. the fish seem to be fine, all my clowns found their places to hide and nap and eat, the dojo just whips around all night (some during the day) and the ghost shrimp have plenty of tiny shrimp pellet particles to eat up after the loaches make a mess. it all seems balanced, no more deaths. i know it can't be cycled by now, but the fish at least all finally seem to be happy and healthy. i just wish the water wouldn't be so murky. it's not discoloured, only slightly whitish. the water smells... well a little fishy. and it seems the clowns hate the "dat time" becos the 15 watt plant tube i have gets SO dispersed in the blurry water that it just lights all up.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index